||Innovator Industrial Services is currently recruiting a Hydrostat Testing Technician to provide hydro testing and pipe isolation services at our project sites. Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, this position directly contributes and supports the Hydro Testing & Isolations service line of Innovator Industrial Services and provides client billable man-hours on work in the field.
||Perform all duties as assigned by supervision to include but not limited to the following as needed:
- Install, operate, observe and read pressure and temperature of gauges and charts.
- Read and understand Isometric Drawings and have the ability to identify issues with ISO and package structure.
- Must have an understanding of ASME codes.
- Document temperature and pressure readings; report any irregular reading to management
- Inspect all unit components and report defective parts to management.
- Maintain all gauges, charts and other related equipment for used testing.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and policies.
- Possess the ability to work independently and also assist other technicians while in the field.
- Willingness to learn and gain experience in the technical aspects of all other service lines Innovator Industrial Services offers through field work and training programs.
- Properly use, care for, and maintenance of company tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Technical Job Aspects include;
- Line preparation for Hydrostat Testing
- Identify blanks/blinds
- Understanding hydraulic
- Hydrostat Testing c/w water/Glycol
- Reinstatement of lines after testing
- Detailed reporting to clients
- Cold Cutting Pip
- Use of line isolation plug tools and weld test plug tools
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Minimum Academic Credentials: High School Diploma
- Extensive and exceptional customer service practices
- Five (5) years’ experience in an Apprentice Program in the areas listed above; or
- Trade School Degree in an industrially related field; or
- Eight (8) or more years’ experience in industrial operations or maintenance preferred.
- Proven ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
- Proven ability to prioritize and complete work assignments by specific deadlines.
- Must possess knowledge of plant maintenance and repair work.
- Computer application knowledge (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good prioritizing, multi-tasking, and decision making skills.
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Entrepreneurial work ethic.
Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must ne able to tolerate climate changes.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations.
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.